Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Apricot Butter Cheesecake
1 cup All purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup Apricots
1 cup Water
1.Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2.Sift flour and salt.
3.Beat cream cheese,butter and sugar till fluffy.
4. Add in eggs,Vanilla and continue beat for in light colour.
5. Fold in the apricots fillings.
6.Lastly, gradually add in flour with spatula till well combine.
8. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out free of cake.
10. Place the cake on a rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.Brush with apricot jam.
MAKE THE FILLING
1.Place the apricots in a saucepan in medium heat.
2.Pour a cup of over them and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Then,bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for(about 5 to 7 minutes).
5. Spoon it into a food processor and process until it has a sticky paste consistency.