Monday, July 09, 2007

Soft Bun

Yesterday, I made myself busy the whole evening.
I tried making soft bun with new recipes. This wasn't my first attempt at making a bun.
I always don't get the soft kind of bun that sell in the chinese bakery store.This was the latest experiments where I added Bread Softener in the recipe.It was very soft. Hmm...perhaps if I had the chance to make a soft bun again, I'll make a polo bun or mexican bun.

Recipe
Ingredients
300g All purpose flour,sifted(take out 3tbsp flour)
3tbsp Cake flour
120ml Cold milk
1 tsp Instant yeast
1/2tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Bread softener
55g Castor sugar

1 egg
30g Butter

Method
Add flour,salt,sugar and yeast,bread softener in a bowl.
Mix well,add beaten egg and vinegar into the Cold milk.
Then,slowly add in the egg and milk into the dry ingredients.
If the dough is too wet stop adding the liquid in.
Add butter and continue knead untill a dough is formed.
Cover dough with a piece of damp towel until double in bulk.(About 40minutes)
Divide dough into small portions of 60g each.
Shape each into a ball.
Place onto a greased baking tray,cover it and prove till doubled bulk.
Brush with melted butter or margarine and baked in preheated oven at 180C for 8-10minutes
or until lightly browned.

Tips
To make the bun look glossy and presentable brush with this special egg wash.

Recipe
Ingredients

50 ml Honey
50 gm Castor sugar
1 Egg
100 ml Water

Method
Blend all ingredients well and brush on top of the sweet bun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, did u say add vinegar in your milk? Or shd it be butter?