Friday, September 28, 2007

Holiday Fruit Mix Butter Cake


The holidays are a time for friends and family and home cooking.I believe everyone is making fruitcake to sits on the shelf until the holiday season.So it's no surprise that holiday candied mix often show up in the supermarket and will probably stock different fruit mix brands,on the shelf.The moment I bought this holiday mix remind me that Christmas is coming soon.Eventhough few months away.I think you'll like it even if you usually don't like candied fruits (I usually don't).That's why I didn't put alot candied fruit in my fruitcake.The only ingredients I left out in this recipe are raisins and molasses.Who can resist the tempting smells coming from the kitchen.I can't even wait to eat it and I don't think I can keep it the fridge till christmas.Actually there are many different styles and recipes to choose.Have It Your Way...If there are certain fruits you don't like, you can always include more of another, or some of your own favorites.There are two basic types:-Light fruitcake and Dark fruitcake.I prefer dark fruitcake because it look tempting and I like the molasses aroma. I guess I have to make another batch of fruitcake now!











No comments: