Believe it or not!I never try hazelnuts cookie before and only recently I started really appreciating the wonderful taste of hazelnuts.So I decided on making hazelnuts cookies using peanut ball cookies recipe because this is the only nuts recipe I have.The cookies may look somewhat odd adding peanut oil but let me tell you that they are delicious in their simplicity and original nuts flavour.
It's easy to make.No butter?No problem!No blender?No problem!
Just use your hand to mix all the ingredients and you are done.Shape into small balls,brush eggwash on top of the cookies and bake it for 15-18 minutes.
90g Plain flour
40g confectioner sugar
40g Ground Hazelnuts
75ml Peanut oil
1/8 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Sieve flour,baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the oil.Use your hands to mix thoroughly.Add oil in a slow stream and knead into a dough.
2. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes -- a very important step.
3. Form dough into tiny balls.
4. Place 1 inch apart on parchment cookie sheet.Brush egg wash on each cookies.
5.Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until set.
6. Let stand 1 minute in pan then remove to wire rack.
7.Cool completely and store in an air tight container.