Monday, March 09, 2009

Croissant of the day

My very first attempt at making these croissants.I always wanted to make croissant for a long time but never really understand what the recipe meant by turning,folding and the rolling part.But from the video I watched the other day,then I had the clue what the recipe was referring to.If you need the recipe,there were lots of tips in Fine Cooking which were helpful.I used my own recipe for the dough,and follow the rest of the instructions.
IMG_0852
Final proof
IMG_0840

I cut down the butter layer measurement to 1 cup(not 1-1/4 cups) and I brush the croissants with milk only.It came out golden brown too.Remember,always start watching the croissants after 10 minutes as the butter can cause them to burn.According to the recipe,it calls for 400°F convection but I found the temperature is too high.I set the oven 360°F for about 13 minutes.
Phew!what a long process.Done!

IMG_0843

I don't know what went wrong with my croissant.They were not what a croissant is suppose to look like.It’s supposed to have layers,right?But the outer layers of my croissants are crisp and the inner layers soft and buttery.Well,I’ll probably fold the dough a few more times to create more layers next time.I know I'm not there yet, but I am getting closer.
IMG_0847

I prefer plain croissants with butter?or with tuna mayo.What type of croissant you like?chocolate,plain or almond?:P

17 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

I think they look perfecct. I tried making them last week for the first time. they didn' t come that nice mine :)

CY said...

If they're hollow then it'll be easier to fill with more tuna mayo! I've cheated and used puff pastry before... not the same for sure.

sangeeta said...

they are more than perfect sweetie.....n it's your first time with them.........
see my guzia recipe , which i told you , is much like your peanut puffs...http://banaraskakhana.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Those look pretty amazing to me. Why don't you follow the exact recipe on Fine Cooking and see how they come out?

I want those now!

Noob Cook said...

looks really wonderful, wish I can bake as well as u :)

Anonymous said...

They looks good and I love it with tuna. Wah best. Can you please share which website u r referring too?

Tina Butler said...

The crossiants turned out beautiful. The hot dog buns look good as well. I love making bread it is my weakness. Thanks for stopping by my site (MK) I will definitly be back to yours. Ü

Anonymous said...

they look gorgeous and yummy! these are my husband's favorite. you have so many great recipes i wanted to try. awesome!

MaryBeth said...

You are very adventurous and daring..I read the recipe once and was afraid very afraid to give it a try. Yours look simply amazing...bravo!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! Make me hungry with all those desserts!

Thanks for dropping by sarawakian.net ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice crossiants. I don't think you did anything wrong at all. It's not suppose to be the same texture throughout, so crispier on the outside and soft on the inside is not a bad thing. They look great to me :-)

Tny said...

Wow!!! This is cool!!!
BTW how to make it bend / bengkok like that but still fluffy inside?

Rozella said...

Woah! They looks so fluffy and buttery! Yum yum yum!

I love mine plain, with no butter. Some chocolate and fruits on the side would be great as well! ;)

sangeeta said...

hi sweetie.......come to my blog n have your friendship award.

Deana E said...

look ok to me..1st time at ur blog..

Anonymous said...

Croissants look perfect....

pigpigscorner said...

They look perfect! With nutella for me pls!